Tuesday, March 15, 2011

study food!

On top of a pretty busy schedule, I've also decided to follow a dream and study Master of Teaching at the local University. I'm half online and half on campus, and a zealous, *ahem*, mature age student. I'm loving every minute of it!

But I need food! I need study food, lunch box food for little people and emergency dinner rations when I haven't quite got it together to organise dinner yet!

I had a little play with my favourite hummus recipe and came up with this:

1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (use the can - it's easier, but the dried and cooked are MUCH more tasty)
2 squished garlic cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup good oil
1 tbsp tahini (I like the un-hulled one)
1/4 cup roasted almonds
splash of water
1/2 tomato (in lieu of lemon juice)

As always, wizz it all together in a food processor and devour on favourite bread, cracker or crudity. My favourite is Summer Kitchen putanesca. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment